Dependent on your instructions and requirements the survey will vary. A pre-purchase damp and timber survey will always be limited by fixed articles, tiles, laminate flooring or dry lining but typically its contents will include:
- Inspection for Rising Damp and Penetrating Damp.
- Inspect the wooden floors for rot and beetle infestation.
- Visual inspection of the roof coverings and rainwater goods.
- Inspect the property for signs of any condensation related issues.
- Assess the existing ventilation strategy in the property, such as checking the right type fans are fitted.
- General condition of the building.